At the beginning of 2013, we'll be taking the next step towards Resilience. Resilience.org will be our main site, and Energy Bulletin will be put into archive mode. All new content will go on Resilience.
As you may know, we had topped out our readership numbers with the Energy Bulletin site. Unless we evolved, we would not be able to grow and in the longer run we probably would not have survived. We felt it was imperative to reach out to a new, broader audience - thus Resilience.org.
Sadly, we could not continue to support both sites simultaneously. A small organization like ours just doesn't have the resources, and double-posting is surprisingly time-consuming.
Many longtime readers (as well as EB staff) loved the old minimalist format. After getting your feedback, we've made changes so you should be able to do everything on Resilience.org that you could do on EB.
For more changes we've made at Resilience.org see below.
We want to extend a huge ‘thank you’ to all of our writers, contributors, comments community, donors, supporters and readers who have made Energy Bulletin vibrant and meaningful.
Change is never easy, but as EB readers know, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and move on. Thanks for sticking with us.
With best wishes for 2013,
Bart, Kristin and Simone
Implementing your feedback at Resilience.org
We’ve been listening to your feedback, and while we will continue to finesse the site, we wanted to present you with a list of key improvements made in recent weeks.
- The number one change request was to restore right-click menus. We heard you and got that taken care of right away.
- We’re in the process of making a number of changes to improve the readability of articles. These include darkening the font, wider margins, inline link underlining - we have already increased the point size.
- Due to popular demand we will shortly implement a quick link to an alternate homepage view. The new view is a list view with no images. Headline links change color when you have viewed them, and teasers are longer.
- We redesigned the header to reduce the space taken and improve access to the login and about links.
- We added media icons to relevant posts